New River Valley Community Services
Blacksburg, VA — August 2014 – May 2017
Direct Service Professional (May 2016 – May 2017)
- Responsible for monitoring and assisting clients in residential and/or crisis stabilization facilities
- Work with individuals who struggle with disability and/or mental illness.
- Providing direct services such as personal care assistance and life skills training for individuals attending day programs and/or living in community settings.
- Provide periodic safety checks to ensure client safety and compliance of program rules
- Document all medical and behavioral symptoms in client record
- Works directly with individuals, family members, other care givers, and other staff to ensure appropriate services are delivered in a safe and efficient manner.
- Take vital signs and administers medications after passing agency provided Medication Administration Training (January 2017)
- Transport of clients as needed and daily activities of the program.
- Work evening, overnight, and/or weekend shifts
Access Internship (January 2016 – May 2016)
- Provide immediate crisis intervention and emergency assessment to clients in the community
- Provide Raft callers with continual access to professionals and trained volunteers, phone counseling, information and referrals
- Fundraise including planning and implementation, volunteer recruitment on campuses, community and internally for special events
- Creating, planning, tracking and maintaining incentives as well as event planning/ implementation and helping with Raft Room care
- Completion of volunteer training including Role Plays and training facilitation, and continuing education planning
Virginia Tech Dining Services
Blacksburg, VA — August 2013 – January 2016
Dietrick Hall Dining Student Staff (August 2013 – January 2016)
- Greet all customers in a warm, sincere, and helpful manner
- Take orders and serve meals and beverages promptly and courteously
- Ensure work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
- Comply with and enforce all safety policies and procedures
- Serve in any requested area as business requires.
- Follow all Food Safety standards to ensure customers have a safe experience.
- Report to work during inclement weather and University closings.
- Essential responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, shop set up, preparing and serving food of all kinds (including meats), dishwashing, restocking, and cleaning.
Wetseal Clothing Co.
Charlottesville, VA — August 2010 – January 2015
Sales Associate (August 2010 – January 2015)
- Consistently provide support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in customer interactions.
- Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service guidelines.
- Ensure return merchandise is restocked to the correct product location on the sales floor; all damaged and defective merchandise is properly labeled and placed in appropriate area at the end of each shift.
- Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap, fitting room and stockroom to ensure the store environment is safe and presentable for employees and customers.
- Execute efficient and effective handling of all merchandise from shipment processing, floorsets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Proactively resolve customer concerns in a manner consistent with company policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind; partner with store leadership team on elevated customer issues.
- Understand and adhere to all company policy and procedures.